Saturday, September 25, 2010

WWU--What Do These Stones Mean?


Please visit Mary's blog (click on the button above) to read more and to participate!

This is my opportunity to remember and reflect.  It is a time to remember all that has happened this past week, and time to reflect on those events.  It is a time to thank the Lord for everything He has allowed into my life.  It is a time to build a memorial that shouts to future generations, "This is what the Lord did!  Praise be to God!!"  I'm waxing eloquent here, but then again, I'm a passionate person.  It truly is the reason I participate in Mary's weekly wrap-ups!  (Thanks, Mary, for hosting!)


My Home

Home life is settling into a routine--finally.  Even though our hectic schedule hasn't changed, there is a calmness and a smooth rhythm to our routine now.  The boys are still all over the place, driving to school, logging on for online classes, and grabbing me to supervise experiments and assist with grammar.  And I am becoming settled in my heart with this new season.  :)


My Kitchen and Garden

With a couple of very warm, humid days this week, bursts of red appeared among my tomato plants!  I picked a whole bowlful, and more have been turning.  I also picked an entire bowl of green beans to freeze.  One lonely little red pepper sits with those green beans.  But I'm happy that I have one to put in a salad.


I went out to my garden on Tuesday with a spade and high hopes that one or two of my carrots would be bigger than my finger.  A little loosening of the dirt, a little help from the spade, and a little carrot pulled out.  There were a few nice ones, and of course I sliced the biggest carrot with my spade trying to dig it out.  They're the sweet Nantes variety, and taste great in a salad.  I roasted some with a chicken last week, and they were gobbled up.  I'm leaving the rest in the ground until next week in hopes of a longer crop!

Looks are deceiving--the longest one is about five inches!


My Project Desk

I completed some craft projects this week!  When I lit the new candle in my powder room a few days ago, I realized I had never sent a thank-you to my dear friend who had remembered my birthday.  So I went to my project desk (it's in my bedroom) and created this card.



I usually get inspired by thumbing through pictures of other cards.  And since I end up using different colors, or paper, or I tear the paper instead of cutting with scissors, I achieve a completely different look.  Hey--that'd make a great post:  a picture of my inspiration, then a picture of my finished product.  Hmmm...

I returned to my project desk the next night and decided to make a few more thank-you cards using the one I had just made for inspiration.  I know the cards will get used, as the Lord keeps bringing to mind things I need to be thankful for!






Behind the Lens

I published the sister of the below photo on my photography blog.  This little guy waited patiently for me to:  (1) notice him, (2) run inside, (3) grab my camera, (4) change to the macro lens, and (5) run back out to my front porch garden.  He then perched for ever so long on top of the dead flower stalk.  He flew off a time or two, but thoughtfully came right back to pose for me.  I've never seen a dragonfly this color!  The breeze pushed his wings into an umbrella shape covering his face, but you can still see the red at the tips, and the bright red abdomen.  I spent some time looking for a good website for dragonfly identification, but finally gave up.  One can waste only so much time!




My Heart Thoughts

Since I talked about monuments to the Lord above, I thought I'd share this Scripture.  I haven't taken enough time to mark those times and events in my life where the Lord has mightily moved.

So Joshua called the twelve men whom he had appointed from the sons of Israel,
one man from each tribe; and Joshua said to them,
"Cross again to the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan,
and each of you take up a stone on his shoulder,
according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Israel.
Let this be a sign among you, so that when your children ask later, saying,
'What do these stones mean to you?'
then you shall say to them,
'Because the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD;
when it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off.'
So these stones shall become a memorial to the sons of Israel forever."
Joshua 4:4-7 nasb, emphasis mine

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow its letting me comment now!!!! Yeah! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I look forward to getting to know you. I love your scripture and expecially like the memorial stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-said, well-done, well-shared, well-photographed, as always...and as always, well-loved! :-)

    You are quite the blogger, my dear. I'll try to follow you, now!

    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tina, for your warm comments! I've already googled the striped meadowhawk and he is amazing. I thought his wings were swept forward because of the wind (it was *very* windy), but the site says that he does that to be ready to pounce on a female or to defend his territory.

    Lori, you are too kind. You will always be my blog angel. <3

    Love in Him,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,

    You are a woman of much detail. I love how you express yourself in so many ways and it all shines out beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing your cards and what a gift you have in making them.

    And it was so neat to see the dragonfly picture! Maybe one day I will have a fancy camera. I need to start saving up for one. Did you know it takes 2 years for it to be fully mature. It is a amazing life cycle that God created for them. Thank you so much for sharing and for your sweet words. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet--Thank you!!

    Oh, Mary, thank you so much! Your words are such an encouragement. We have never studied the dragonfly in much detail; they are amazing!

    Love,
    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete