Friday, September 10, 2010

FFG > Cinnamon Cottage Cheese Muffins

Plans4You
To find out about Friday Farm Girls @ Heart, just click on the button to the right to visit Lori's blog and to read what it's all about!

This morning, I wasn't planning on making breakfast.  Due to sewing a quick fix for a blouse, I didn't get downstairs until almost 9am.  Jacob was getting set to leave for college, Thomas was working on an algebra quiz, Joseph was toasting some bread, and Danny was munching out of the fridge.

So when I half-heartedly asked, "Does anyone want me to make breakfast?"  I didn't expect a positive response.  But positive it was, and they agreed on muffins.  I figured if they helped, we could have muffins in the oven in a jiffy.  I grabbed my cookbook to start preparing a recent new favorite--Maple Crumb Muffins--then realized I didn't have enough sour cream.  We had cottage cheese instead.  Hmm.

Let me just say that the internet can be a wonderful thing!  I found a recipe, and altered it a tad for fresh whole wheat flour and for our love of cinnamon.  I licked the bowl scraper, and just knew I had a winner.  I share it with you here!  And of course, you already know I won't have pictures until--Lord willing--TOMORROW!  (Can you tell I'm just a bit excited??)

Cinnamon Cottage Cheese Muffins

1 1/2 C flour (I used whole-wheat, and used slightly more)
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/4 C softened butter
3/4 C sugar (I use cane juice crystals)
1 egg
1 C cottage cheese
1/4 C milk

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.  Add egg and mix well.  Add cottage cheese and milk and mix well.  Stir in dry ingredients until moistened.  Pour into paper-lined 12-muffin muffin tin.  I sprinkled a little cinnamon/sugar over the tops.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool.

Since I can't bear to leave without a photo, here's one from my spring garden.


...The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.
Isaiah 40:8 nasb

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, these sound delicious! I would think the cottage cheese would do pretty much the same thing as sour cream, flavor-wise.

    Well done!

    See you Saturday afternoon...2pm-ish?
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, Christine.

    You flower photo is so pretty. Love its soft and sweet composition.

    Hope you have a restful weekend.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lori, see you SOON!

    Ruth, You're welcome. Thank you for your sweet comments about my photo. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete