Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tea Talk--"Doers and the Deluded"


Time to share a cup of tea with Ruth, the lovely hostess for this meme.
Please click on her button above to find out how to join us!

NOTE:  I create blog titles that catch your attention and make you wonder, and want to read further.  I hope this particular title causes you to do that.  :)

I'm having...a cup of Trader Joe's organic decaf tea, with honey and cream.  And a bowl of popcorn.  ;)  Actually, this was what I had last night for our family movie night.  (Of course I shared the popcorn with everyone!)


I'm using...an everyday ceramic mug, four of which were given to our boys for Christmas by my mom several years ago.  She filled each mug with packets of hot chocolate and other goodies.  Yum!

I'm feeling...tired but productive today.  Planned for the rest of the day around homeschooling:  laundry, bread baking, and sewing.

On my mind is...ministering to an acquaintance this evening by helping her de-clutter her condominium.  That's the really big task for today, and I'm praying for energy for both of us!

I'd like to share with you...a verse from our studies at dinner a few nights ago.  Fernando leads devotions at that time, and we have been working our way through the book of James.  He is reading a lot of the side notes from his study Bible, and I have been abundantly blessed by them.  He pauses patiently while I write notes, underline words, and circle key phrases in my Bible.  He calmly repeats a definition, a word, or an explanation as I try to soak it all in.  I love "dig-deep" Bible study!

But prove yourselves doers of the word,
and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
James 1:22 nasb (emphasis mine)

Doers of the word stood out to me, and in the Greek, the connotation of this phrase is that the entire personality of a Christian should be characterized in this way.  Someone should be able to look at my life and say, "It's obvious she's a Christian."  Oh, that it may be so!

The word delude was used in mathematics to refer to a miscalculation.  This implies that if I think I can just hear the word, and not do anything with what I've heard, I've made a serious miscalculation.  A sober thought to ponder.

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

2 comments:

  1. Sober indeed! Pondering...

    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to minister a friend! De-cluttering a home is a big task, indeed. But what a blessing to have someone like you who could lend a hand to do it.

    I love your photo. I always do! Thanks for joining this week's Tea Talk, Christine. It's lovely to share tea with you.

    Thanks for sharing that beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete