Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Farm Girls at Heart--My Life, The Lord's Garden

Plans4You


At the end of summer, my thoughts run toward the vegetable gardens in my backyard.  Harvesting, canning, munching freshly pulled carrots.  But curiously, my thoughts are also turning to my flower gardens, much of which have been neglected this summer.

My front porch garden

Several years ago, after I had had surgery and was having a hard time recuperating, a dear friend almost single-handedly dug out my front porch garden (above).  She mapped out a color plan, then accompanied me to the nursery to pick out flowers.  Then she helped me plant.

Since then, my garden has grown, becoming a jungle at one point.  I have divided plants and transplanted others to different parts of my yard, and still it keeps growing.  This spring, I purchased a macro lens for my camera, and trotted out to my front porch garden to see its close-up version.


My eyes were amazed!  Leaf edges, raindrops, bugs, individual unopened buds.  Little things I never paid attention to, or even could pay attention to because they were so small.


My garden is a picture of what the Lord is doing in my life.  Sometimes, I fight against the little things, not realizing that God has a bigger plan that I don't yet see.  And sometimes, I'm concentrating so single-mindedly on the big-picture vision He has for me, that I don't see the beautiful details He is weaving into my life.

Each individual bud, each individual flower, woven into one beautiful garden.  God the Designer, the Planter, the Transplanter, the Grower, the Harvester.

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

6 comments:

  1. Hello Christine~
    WHAT lovely pictures! Oh...my heart aches to do photography LIKE that! I'm definitely heading over to see your photography blog~See you on FriFarmGirls! Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall I call you Sister? :)

    God blessed me last year with a lot of tutoring students, and blessed me with a husband who encouraged me to buy the camera. So off I went, snapping away!

    Thank you for your warm comments! And thanks for the hug!!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, dearest Christine! Just lovely! What I was NOT able to do w/my little automatic digital camera. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Gotta go to COD... :-P
    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. O how lovely this entry is! I am amazed of the beauty of the Lord in the smallest places in my garden too.
    How sweet that your friend helped you out, what a true gift. I wish we lived near each other,so we could swap plants.
    Gorgeous shots!
    Blessings,
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, :) I love you.

    Katia, My dear friend who helped me with the garden also gave me some plants from another friend (I didn't know her at the time). Those plants have been divided and shared with others, including a widow lady whose own garden our boys helped to dig out. These truly are friendship gardens! It would be wonderful to swap plants with you!!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine. This is a lovely post. You did great with your macro shots, and i like the way you watermark your photos.

    How sweet of your friend to help you with starting a garden. God bless her heart.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete