Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tackle-It Tuesday!!


Visit CelticMom, the hostess for Tackle-It Tuesday, to learn more and to participate!!

Project Update
Well, I'm still without a camera, and I'm dying to take pictures from last week.  Now I've got some projects for this week, and I still can't take pictures.  So, a story from last week will have to suffice.

My friend Helen asked me to participate in what we are now calling our "Suspenders" Accountability group.  It's just the two of us for now, and--oh, wait a minute.  I need to explain what we're doing!  We are, like CelticMom, tackling projects that need to get done.  Here's how we worked together for even more accountability:

We chose Friday night from 6:30-8:00pm, 1.5 hours, and told each other what project(s) we would work on.  She chose filing and cleaning off her desk, and I chose decluttering and organizing my homeschool cabinets.  She called me at 6:30, we shared our projects, hung up, and began working.  After 45 minutes, I called Helen to give a progress report, and to hear her progress report.  A quick two-minute call, then back to work.  At 8:00, Helen called me back and we shared final progress reports, and chit-chatted for a few minutes.

We were both working, and we were both calling each other.  We knew we had to stick to the task--it was a date and we were holding each other accountable for the time.  We both felt wonderful to get 99% of our projects completed!  I got rid of two overflowing boxes of books and supplies (I've given some away at church, and have sold a bunch of art supplies).  My cabinets are organized and labeled.  :)

Now that I've described what we did, here's why Helen calls it our "Suspenders" Accountability program:

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.
But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Praise the Lord for Tackle-It Tuesday, and the accountability it holds for me!  Try grabbing a friend, setting a date and time, calling each other, and getting a project done.  Most of my projects get put on the back burner, and I never have time to work on them.  They keep getting pushed aside for more urgent things, or simply become forgotten.  But, when I set a date with a friend, I know that that project is my goal for that particular time.  And it gets done.  No excuses.

Happy Project Day, ladies!  May the Lord allow us to live simpler lives before Him, for His glory!!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine~

    I'm so happy that you are getting things done on YOUR time schedule and at YOUR leisure. :) What a double blessing to be able to do them with a friend. I look forward to photos of your projects - that makes the celebration even better. :)

    Happy Almost-Thursday!
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you and Helen! I'm looking forward to your photos, too...or the visit to see those labeled cabinets/shelves, you are too gifted at this organization stuff!!!

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete