Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Morning and Time for Tea


To participate in "Tea Talk" today, please click on Ruth's link above and read her blog for more information!

I'm having...just a plain old cup of caffeinated Irish breakfast tea this morning.  I'm using my garage-sale mug, white with a cobalt blue design around the sides.  I love its uniquely rounded shape.  And if you've been reading any of my blogs, any day now I'll be able to take a picture of it!  I spotted it in a recent garage sale for 50 cents, and it is my everyday tea mug.

A photo of...breakfast from earlier this year--really, new pictures will come soon!!


I'm feeling...invigorated.  Last week I was fighting a sore throat and the blahs, but I'm healthy once again.  I've also spent several little chunks of time--and one big one--de-cluttering and cleaning and organizing, and that always invigorates me!  I'm looking forward to another "Suspenders" time with Helen tonight to complete even  more projects (click here to find out what I'm talking about!).

On my mind is...I love cool September mornings--the crisp snap in the air, the fresh feeling of life.  Even though spring is the season associated with newness and re-birth, I always feel like the autumn air brings a breath of renewal and energy into my life.

Speaking of renewal, here is something I encountered this week in my morning devo's with Fernando:

Remember that you were at that time separate from Christ,
excluded from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers to the covenants of promise,
having no hope and without God in the world.
But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off
have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
For He Himself is our peace...

Ephesians 2:12-14a NASB

May Jesus truly be your peace today!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

8 comments:

  1. What a yummy picture! You are a gifted photographer, Christine. It's good to know that you're feeling better and invigorated.

    Thank you for sharing that beautiful and powerful verse.

    I'm curious about the "Suspenders" you mentioned so I'll hop over the link you gave to see what it is.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ruth, for your encouraging comments. I should get my camera back by this weekend, Lord willing!

    Thanks for hosting your meme today!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how a "simple" verse of the Bible can be so refreshing! What a wonder that I am brought near to Christ. I enjoyed taking "tea" with you (though I had coffee!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine~Had tea with you today, but I wish I was there having breakfast! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Santos, thank you! I made the pancakes, my sons helped with the strawberry topping (chopped strawberries simmered with a little honey), then my 14yo Thomas came up with the "stack" idea. It made a great photo, though he was impatient for me to hurry up and snap the pic so he could eat!!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, sweet friend! oooh, those pancakes look so good! Looking forward to getting together this weekend...I'll call you soon!

    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a grand pic of delectable pancakes...make the mouth water!!! Thank you for stopping by A Bit of the Blarney!! Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That breakfast looks scrumptious!
    I have a daughter named Christine as well!
    Thank you for creating such a vivid image of a crisp Autumn morning in my mind.
    Glad you have enjoyed your tea in your favorite mug today.

    ReplyDelete