Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Day of Thanks -- Post-Mealtime!

As I worked on editing the rest of our Thanksgiving pictures, I found yet one more thing to thank the Lord for--the fact that He allowed me to take so many photos!!  Usually I have five or six, and that's it.  But I get to post a "Thanksgiving, Part II" today!  Yay!

Okay, back to the story.  :)

The meal was prepared, cooked or baked, and set out on the table.  My dad gave thanks to the Lord for not only the food, but family, and health, as well.  Mealtime for our gang is always a talkative time, with laughter all around.  We share family jokes about the rolls and butter (sorry if you're not family!).  Mealtime is special.

There were a lot of leftovers this year!  We always worry about making enough food, but there's always too much.  Why is that, I wonder?  What a blessing, though, to have leftovers to share!  We usually share all the food among ourselves, making sure my bachelor brother has a good portion to take home.


Different people help each year to clean up.  My dad chipped in with rinsing some dishes and loading the dishwasher.


What invariably happens after mealtime?  You guessed it:




Our family warns you that you're fair game if you fall asleep!  We photographers have turned it into an art form, especially when we're on vacation.  Post-mealtime on Thanksgiving works just as well, too!  Happy naptime!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

5 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, Christine! They are too precious! We had to play a big game of dominoes after dinner to keep from going to sleep...although, some still ended up in napland anyway! So glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sure brought a chuckle Christine...!

    I remember those days when after the large meal, it was siesta time :)

    Now, since we eat quite late, we just get ready for bed after a couple of hours... ;-D

    Be blessed!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making my rounds and trying to catch up with my darling friends today.
    Oh my, this is our family and many other families feel, after a delicious bountiful thanksgiving meal. We are blessed indeed!
    Have a wonderful day,
    ((((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was joyous and restful. Am certainly rethinking our May trip, however. Thanks for the warning.

    How long do you think we could survive without sleeping? [biting my nails]

    D-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, D! It's only valid if you fall asleep in a chair, during the daytime--y'know, normal waking hours. ;)

    We probably won't get much sleep anyway, though!!

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete