Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tea Talk--Joy of My Heart


Welcome to my home!
Sit and have a cup of tea with me and share a little time of relaxation and encouragement.
To join, click on Ruth's button above!


I'm having...my regular Scottish breakfast tea, robust and enlivening for this morning.  Since I have only a few different tea cups and mugs, and I've already shown then, here is a shot of breakfast on Tuesday.  For some reason, I love taking photos of pancakes--goofy, I know.  Thomas instigated things for this shot, however.  He arranged everything on his plate and hollered, "Hey, Mom!  Go get your camera before I pour the syrup!"  How can a photographer mom resist that??

Blueberry-strawberry pancakes with strawberry topping and syrup

I'm feeling...calm but busy.  We're in a decent routine, and home and homeschool life have settled into a comfortable rhythm.  However, there are still several items on my to-do list, and they're tapping insistently at the back of my brain.  And yet a few more have been added this week.  I need to check a few of them off!

On my mind is...going out to get more cream!  I ran out when I had my cup of tea this morning.  For me, this is a crisis, as I always have my morning tea with cream.  It's the same thing with ketchup for our boys--if we run out, panic sets in.  ;)

I leave you with...a verse from Psalms that I came across this morning.  It lifts me up, and I hope it encourages you, too!

I have inherited Your testimonies forever,
For they are the joy of my heart.
Psalm 119:111 nasb

inherited -- to get as a blessing
testimonies -- admonitions, ordinances, or warnings
joy -- exultation, rejoicing, gaiety, gladness, rejoice greatly

The Lord's commands are a joy, not meant to put me under His thumb, but meant as my inheritance of blessing!

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, good breakfast, as always! And good words, too...His commands are, in many ways, blessings. Yes!

    His commands, and our obedience to them, among other things, are also the way TO His inheritance promised to us. Ahhh, there's something to think on!

    Gotta run, off to my favorite place for the morning... ;-)

    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, pancake master chef! You always have something sumptuous to show us. Loved you breakfast pancakes, Christine! They all look yummy and nutritious.

    Calmness amid busyness. What a blessing it is!

    Hope you get enough cream you need for all your morning tea. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word that looks good!
    I like Scottish breakfast tea on a stormy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, Thank you lol! I think I'll end up doing a post just on food; they are fun photos to take.

    Blessings to you!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling very hungry now that I've visited here! Yum, yum!!! I hope that you are able to get your cream.

    Have a lovely day,
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tamara! I was able to run out to the store and get some dairy products we needed.

    Blessings on your day!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!! Those pancakes look so inviting!!! Well done! Cathy

    ReplyDelete