Have a project that needs completion?
Want to be encouraged in getting organized and checking off items on your to-do list?
Visit CelticMom by clicking on her button above to learn more and to participate!
I wasn't going to post today, since I haven't completed any projects I could really take a photo of. But after the day I had yesterday, I felt that I needed to post.
Here is a synopsis of my Monday:
- I got locked out of the house when I went into the garage to put some recycling in the bin and the door locked behind me. I had to open the garage door, go to the front door, and ring the bell until Fernando (who had been working out in the basement) ran up to see what was going on at 6:45am.
- Thomas had a major attitude issue (a.k.a. sin) to deal with
- As I squirted spot remover on a pair of grass-stained jeans, the squirter insert popped out and more than half a cup of smelly liquid spurted all over me and into the washing machine. I changed my clothes, and had to wash the load two times to get the smell out.
- I decided to can the jalapeños and pepperoncinis that had been sitting in bins, then couldn't find the protective gloves. I sliced the jalapeños anyway, only to find the gloves after I was done.
- Jacob grabbed a plate from the cabinet, and it slipped and broke.
- Joseph left a lower cabinet door open, and Danny walked into it, cracking the door down its seam.
- One jar of jalapeños broke in the canning pot, sending spurts of liquid out.
- My parents came for dinner (chili was already made), and I overbaked the cornbread.
- As I reached up to grab something out of the cabinet, I burned a chunk of my hair on the flame from the canning pot.
- Fittingly, at the end of the day, Jacob hollered from his bathroom, "I just broke the soap dish...!"
The ten jars of jalapeños and six jars of pepperoncinis on the counter were testimony that something good really did occur on Monday. And that's why I decided to blog today.
Yes, it was a "project" that I needed to get done. But, more than that, I think we all have days like yesterday, filled with frustration and one more thing. Sometimes my agenda for the week--or for the day--doesn't coincide with the Lord's agenda. But that doesn't mean He isn't good. Why do I say God is good only when something good happens? If it is true that God is good (all the time), then God was good yesterday. So I declare: God is good.
Back to life,
visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne